Sunday, December 14, 2008















The girls are both down for a nap and Roy is exercising so I thought it was a good time for me to organize pictures and start a blog post for tonight. So far we have taken about 600 pictures and that is after deleting lots of the "nothing" pictures Anna has taken just for the entertainment of taking pictures. The tour this morning was two places we went to 4 years ago with Anna. The Temple and the Folk Art Museum are very pretty and very old China. We were out for only 3 hours but it always seems longer with the girls. At 5 pm today we are going to take the Red Couch picture with the babies and a group picture too. When Roy returns from working out I would like to see if Roy and I can get some Chinese shirts for the pictures since I already got matching outfits for the girls. We are thinking of ordering Papa John's pizza tonight (yes Papa John's is here in China) since pictures may take a lot out of the girls. Tomorrow the passports and visa will be picked up at the US Consulate by our guide, Helen; but she wants us around the room at noon in case she needs to call us with any paperwork problems. Hopefully all will go smooth. Wednesday, we go to the US Consulate for an "Oath Ceremony" where we promise to love and never abandon or abuse Grace. Then pack on Wednesday night to fly out very early on Thursday morning. Yes the countdown for home is here!!

5 comments:

catbertie said...

Papa Johns too? Have you made it to Starbucks yet? They were constructing it when I was there in 2007 to receive Penny. Everyone looks great!! If I remember correctly, Helen has a son around Anna & Lucy's age. Helen gave us our first parenting advice....don't let your baby play with plastic Walmart bags!! Lucy loved those!!
blessings,
Cathy

Unknown said...

Debra,
I have enjoyed following your trip! I am a fellow FTIA family waiting for our second daughter (LID 4/21/06). We traveled in 2004 with the Talberts. Our daughter is also 5 & named Anna! She is patiently waiting to be a big sister! I have been showing her your family's blog...trying to make this wait somewhat "real" for her.

Congratulations and best wishes for a great trip home...just in time for Christmas!

Beth Schickel

Dawn said...

Wow, that has to be one of the cutest red couch pic I've seen! They are all adorable!

Auntie B said...

I hope you use the picture of Anna and Grace in their Chinese outfits for your Christmas cards (which I assume will be New Years or later cards). Can't believe Anna is still smiling in all her pictures.

Lori Bievenour said...

Debra - Your St. Peter's family is full with love for all of you! I can't wait to see you all at the airport... just let me know the time/flight!

Blessings Abound!
Lori

PS - Please let Anna know that I can't wait to see her pictures!